- 4 Royal Gala apples
- 130 g (4.6 oz.) flour
- 70 g (2.5 oz.) sugar
- 1 big egg
- 25 cl (8.6 fl.oz.) fermented milk (Ribot milk)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Ground cinnamon
- Deep frying cooking oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tbsp. sugar, salt and 1 pinch cinnamon. Add the egg and milk.
- In another bowl, mix the leftover sugar and 2 pinches cinnamon. Heat up the oil.
- Slice the apples horizontally like a pile of plates, the slices must be 5 millimeters thick. Then cut out rings removing the central part of the fruits. Wipe off the rings to remove juice.
- When the oil reaches 180°C (350°F), start to dip the rings first in the dough, then in the frying pan. Remove the rings when golden brown and crispy. Place them on a paper towel. Dip them in the sugar-cinnamon mix and let cool on a grill to preserve crispiness. Enjoy!