- 2 russet potatoes, cleaned, dried and cut into long, thin fries
- 1 flank steak (1 to 2 pounds)
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss potato slices with a drizzle of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt. Place potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, turning the fries periodically to insure even browning.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Allow flank steak to sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet until smoking hot. Add a small drizzle of vegetable oil. Place steak in skillet and don’t move it until time to flip. Cook 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Let meat rest 10 minutes before slicing against the grain into long, thin strips. Wrap slices of meat around a few french fries and secure with a toothpick.