- 4 little round loaves of bread
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 onion
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- ½ goat cheese crottin
- Some button mushrooms
- Parmesan cheese
- A few sunflower seeds
- A few squash seeds (pepita)
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Salt, pepper
- Start by preparing the fillings.
- Mince the onion.
- Wash the spinach leaves.
- Wash and cut a few mushrooms.
- Reduce the spinach in 1 tsp. melted coconut oil. Set aside.
- Reduce the mushrooms in a bit of olive oil. Set aside.
- Melt the onion in a bit of olive oil. Set aside.
- Gather all ingredients around you.
- Remove the top and the inner part of each loaf.
- Place an egg yolk inside, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper.
- For the goat cheese and spinach filling, put a spoonful of spinach and cream in the loaf and top with a slice of cheese. Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top.
- Do the same for the mushrooms – onion – parmesan filling. Place first an egg yolk, salt and pepper in a loaf, then some onions, mushrooms and cream. Sprinkle grated parmesan and a few squash seeds on top.
- Grill in hot oven for about 5 minutes. When the cheese is grilled, your egg boats are ready to be enjoyed! Along with a seasonal soup or salad, they will deliciously enhance your meals!