- 120g (¼ lbs.) T55 wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 30g (1 oz.) arrowroot flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 50g (1.7 oz.) almond meal
- 5 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 zest orange
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 90g (3.2 oz.) brown sugar
- ½ bar (100g, 3.5 oz.) dark baking chocolate for coating
- In a large mixing bowl, add the wheat and arrowroot flour, almond meal, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix and add the almond milk, both oils and 1 grated orange zest. Place in the refrigerator for about two hours.
- Grease the madeleine molds and, using a pastry bag, fill the tins with dough.
- Place in hot oven (200°C or 390°F) and bake for 15 minutes. The little cakes will mount and brown.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let cool before brushing them with chocolate. Place in the refrigerator. When the chocolate is fully solidified around the cakes, it’s ready!