- 15 damson plums (about 500g – 1.1 lbs.)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 30g (1 oz.) salted butter
- 2 or 3 pinches thyme
- Divide the plums in two and pit them. In a frying-pan, roast the plums in butter, honey and thyme for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks.
- Beat the soft butter and half of the sugar then add the yolks.
- Assemble the flour and baking powder, then incorporate to the mix.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff then, while still beating, add the leftover sugar.
- Vigorously incorporate half the stiff egg white peaks. Do the same with the other half but this time very softly, very carefully.
- Pour the batter into a buttered and floured springform pan. Place on top the plums with their cooking juice. Cook for 35 minutes in hot oven (at 180°C or 350°F).