- 225g (8 oz.) dried figs
- 4 tbsp. rum
- 450g (1 lbs.) wheat flour
- 18g (0.6 oz.) baking powder
- 115g (4 oz.) butter
- 115g (4 oz.) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 175ml (6 fl. oz.) milk
- 50g (1.7 oz.) pistachios
- Cut the figs in little pieces and soak them in rum for 30 minutes.
- Put the flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add the very cold butter and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture looks like a crumble.
- Incorporate the sugar, eggs, milk and pistachios, mix well.
- Crush the figs in order to get a paste, then add it to the mix.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins and cook for 20 minutes in hot oven (at 180°C or 350°F)
- Let cool.