- 1 puff pastry
- 1 pomegranate, cut into 4 and seeded
- 2 golden apples, peeled and diced
- 100 g (3.5 oz.) almond flour
- 50 g (1.7 oz.) pralin (a mix of caramelized ground almonds and hazelnuts)
- 50 g (1.7 oz.) butter
- 120 g (¼ lbs.) brown sugar
- 1 bag (5 g - 0.25 oz.) vanilla sugar
- In a pan, melt butter, add the diced apples, almond flour, pralin and both types of sugar. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes over low heat, stir often.
- Spread out the puff pastry and cut out several little circles. Place them in the little pie plates. Prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Pre-bake for 5 minutes at 200°C (390°F).
- Line the apple mix on top of the pastry. Top then with half of the pomegranate seeds. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool and top with the left-over pomegranate seeds.