- 1kg (2.2 lbs.) potatoes, peeled, diced and cooked
- 125ml (4.3 fl. oz.) vegetables broth
- 30g (1 oz.) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200g (7 oz.) common mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp. basil, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 200g (7 oz.) gruyère cheese, grated
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- Mash the potatoes with the broth.
- Melt the butter in a pan and brown the garlic and mushrooms. Add the mushrooms to the potatoes with the shallots, basil and half of the gruyère cheese.
- Grease 4 tartlets racks and line each of them with 2 filo pastry sheets folded in 2. Fill with the mashed potatoes and mushrooms mix. Sprinkle the leftover cheese on top.
- Bake the tartlets for 15 minutes at 180°C (350°F) until brown and serve with a salad.