- 500g (1.1 lbs.) button mushrooms
- 150g (1/3 lbs.) peeled chestnuts
- 50g (1.7 oz.) Abondance or Comté or parmesan cheese
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbsp. hazelnut paste or puree
- 12 hazelnuts
- 8cl (2.8 fl. oz.) milk
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- Mince the shallot.
- Brush the mushrooms until clean. Slice them.
- In a cooker, sweat the shallot over medium heat adding a splash of oil and a pinch of salt.
- When translucent, add the mushrooms and brown for 5 minutes while constantly stirring. Keep a few mushroom pieces aside to garnish the dish.
- Add water up to the level of the mushrooms, add the chestnuts and the stock cube. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Out of fire, add the milk, hazelnut paste and pepper.
- Blend until thin consistency.
- Roast the hazelnuts in a frying-pan then coarsely grind them.
- In the dish, place the hot soup, cheese strips (which may be vacherin, comté, parmesan, any kind of melty cheese), a few of the set aside mushrooms and some ground hazelnuts.