- 6 cups mixed dried fruits
- 1,5 cups dried dates, ground
- 1 cup dried apricots, ground
- 1 cup candied pineapple pieces, ground
- ½ cup cognac
- 250 g (½ lbs.) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1,5 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Some almonds, blanched
- Combine all dried fruits with the cognac, stir, cover with plastic wrap and let soak for 4 hours at least.
- Grease then line the mold with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, blend the butter and sugar using a hand mixer to get a creamy mix. One by one add and mix the eggs. Add the sifted flour and cinnamon using a steel spoon. Do not mix too much.
- Place the mix in the mold, flatten the surface and top with almonds. Bake for 3 hours at 150°C (300°F). An optional and final step, flavor the cake with ¼ cup cognac.